Here we see two men posing by the date stone of the O. C. Barber Dam. This 160 foot long structure was meant to dam up the water running in a stream under Fifth Street and provide water for use in the Anna Dean Farm Green Houses on Robinson Ave.
The O. C. Barber Dam, although it appears to be made of
stone is actually a cast concrete structure, which Mr. Barber had faced
with stone to make it more appealing. Here we see the completion of
the Dam in 1910.
|Copyright 2001 Barberton Historical Society. Anna Dean Farm is a registered Trade Mark TM of the Barberton Historical Society, all rights reserved.|